FaeblightUnited.com is a moderated community. What this means is that we try to maintain a certain standard of conduct here and make this site an enjoyable place for all. This community is a place for civil discussions, sharing of artistic expression and creativity, RP social networking and fun. The members here will treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy in order to let the community thrive in a respectful and civilized manner.
The following rules and Code of Conduct below stated are as expected of our members and these will be your guidelines for behavior on the forums. Our forum moderators and admins are authorized with the full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate, non-abiding or offensive.
Your access to this site is a privilege, not a right. Moderators and admins of FBU.com reserve the right to suspend your access to the site at any time when failure to abide by these rules occurs. Potential disciplinary action will be taken on a case-by-case basis.
This code of conduct is not here to target anyone specific, nor is the goal to be malicious. We are going to maintain a friendly, civil atmosphere where all members of the community can enjoy a shared series of interests.
Our code of conduct here is not to annoy you nor target at anyone specific - We wish to maintain a friendly, civil atmosphere..
Please respect your community member and maintain a civil behavior. - Please keep in mind that even it's the Internet, there are human beings behind the computer. E.g. Please do not call people 'morons', 'idiots' or any flaming and insults. Even if someone is being a jerk to you, please do not return the same hostility, instead report it to the moderators asap so appropriate measures can be taken to the offender or talk to the offender civily in PMs.
The following are behaviours that will not be tolerated on the site and will result in corrective action by the moderators:
- Abusing moderators' PM or the Report feature. Do not send false alarms by hitting the Report button on posts you simply disagree with, as a joke, or just to get special attention from us. Do not send us altered information or questionable sources with the expectation that we will act on this as definitive evidence. It makes us angry, and you won't like us when we're angry.
- Personal attacks and comments intended to hurt other members. Some of you may ask what is considered a personal attack or 'really, what hurts other people?' Well, there are a number of things. Real life threats, insults, or inflammatory comments will not be tolerated. If you've got a private joke with your friends that involves any of those things, keep it in PM. Mods are notorious for not having a sense of humor.
- Spamming and trolling. The thing about spam and trolls is that they usually breed together. They're like mutant rabbits made out of mold and dung and other sorts of things that unpleasantly fester. So we'll be having none of that here! This includes but is not necessarily limited to (mods are fun) the following:
- Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
- Hijacking (E.g.: Posting your art in a thread clearly titled to showcase one artist's works)
- Posting off topic. Derailing threads.
- Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights or inciting fights between others.
- Making non-constructive posts.
- Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements (E.g. '1st!', '2nd post!')
- Thread necromancy: Reviving an old thread for no reason other than bumping it to the first page
- Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling)
- Public discussions about real life religion or politics. You can talk about this all day in PM if you want. An exception to this is that you may not send random people messages in an effort to pimp your beliefs to others.
- Racial/Ethnic, sexuality and religious hatred. We could explain this in depth but if you're hateful enough to post it in the first place, you're probably not going to let this rule stop you. It is a definite ban.
- Bypassing an account ban or private message block by creating multiple accounts. Look. You're not going to win your e-lover back by drumming up a new name to get around the PM block. And you're not going to sneak past moderators with a classy fake moustache. We happen to have secret x-ray vision and can actually identify you all by the little serial-coded microchips we've injected into your bloodstream.
- Naming/shaming/defamatory. This includes people who are not members of FBU.com, and any guilds within the Faeblight Community whether the Guild uses FBU or not. Any posts intended to shame people, named or unnamed or guilds named or unamed will be dealt with appropriately. This is not a drama rant site. Please reserve that for your own off-site blog or journal. If you have any issue with another member of the site itself, please report to the moderators.
- Posting real life/account information. We will unleash an unholy Armageddon upon you and your loved ones by awakening the slumbering immortal Carnapeppercarasauras and You. Shall. Be. No. More.
- Impersonating other members, mods or admins. Please refer to the previous rule for the completely standard and in no way exaggerated consequence.
- Publicly posting explicit and/or pornographic material, including art and works of fiction, without using the mature content filter.
- Private reminders about our rules from a moderator.
- Your posts being edited, removed, or locked.
- Account suspension for repeated violations (such as repeatedly making political comments after being asked not to).
- Restricted access to the site as even an anonymous user.
The great thing about mods is that we get to control your life- I mean, we get to safeguard your happy and fun experience in our wholesome community. In order to do this we reserve the right to skip any of these steps as the moderator team sees fit, usually case-by-case basis.
Discussing Disciplinary actions, Moderators or Moderator actions
Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.
If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin (Lady Myndera) through a private message.
The following are self-policing guidelines that will not generally result in corrective action, but make the site more enjoyable for us all.
- When posting images on the forum, try to keep them around 550px wide. This will help reduce image load times. A big image loads really slow.
- Keep cursing at a minimum. This is not an age discriminating forum, though we understand the need for the occasional spout of foul language. Use your best judgment when deciding how much is too much.
Private messages on this forum are just that- private. Moderators cannot read private messages sent between members of the site. If you are being harassed by another member via PM, you can block PMs from that member by clicking the "Block Author" link in the message screen. In extreme cases of harassment or threats, you may speak with a site administrator, as they have access to all PMs (but only through a roundabout method -- this is not used in normal circumstances).
If the member you are trying to block is making multiple new accounts on the site in order to bypass the message block, please let a moderator know and we will take corrective action.
In-game behaviour is not something we can regulate, though consequences may come from in-game activities towards other members of the community (whether they frequent this site or not). Harassment off this site is taken just as seriously as harassment done via this site. While it is sometimes harder to verify, it is still a serious offence.
In addition WE DO NOT HAVE AN IN-GAME CHAT CHANNEL. However, there is a channel where most of our active role players engage, which is RPUnited. We cannot and will not moderate the channel as it is not our channel, nor do we have the man power to govern it. Anything purporting to be an "official" FBU.com chat channel is lying -- in-game chat channels are impossible to moderate, and are significantly more of a pain to make any attempts to manage than they are worth.